Wednesday 3 July 2013

REVIEW - Max Factor - CC Cream

Hullo Ladies!

First Review of July :-)

This post is about the Max Factor CC Cream that was in my June Favourites. 

I don't have much information on CC creams but I know that cc stands for colour correcting. 


I picked this up a few months ago when it was on an introductory offer in Superdrug. 

Around the time L'oreal where advertising their new CC creams in magazines and I tested one out on my hand and was super disappointed that they were orange! Literally...Oompa Loompa orange! Me and my mam had a little giggle about it. 


So when testing it out I wasn't expecting much, I was delightfully surprised at how great it looked. The colour match was great and the texture was quite thick and mousse like, which made me think that it would give slightly more coverage than other cc creams.  


When I brought it home I tried it on and at first was slightly disappointed with the coverage but then I put on a second layer and I loved how it looked. Testing the product out fully I decided to put on a third layer to see if it caked and was happy to see it kept it's natural look and just gained more and more coverage the more I worked it. 

It has a matte finish but doesn't stick to my dry patches! 


Not long after I bought it I read in a magazine that it was one of their favourite drugstore CC creams due to the great coverage :-) 

Colour Correcting - It evens out my redness but doesn't cover up spots or dark under eyes. It gives you a light to medium coverage depending on how many layers you apply. 

It has a nice fresh smell and doesn't break out my sensitive skin. 

I love this product and would definitely repurchase it. 

The packaging is sleek and impressive and if you're a pale skinned gal who has trouble finding a great colour match then I suggest trying out the shade 40 fair which is what I use :-) 

Here's the link! 

Have you tried a CC cream? 

Linzi xxx


2 comments: