Thursday 18 October 2012

REVIEW - The Body Shop - Candied Ginger Body Butter


Hullo Lovely Ladies

So we all know I have a love for The Body Shop's Candied Ginger Body scrub so after raving about it for months last year I decided to buy some of the other products in the range once they were on sale again. 



I managed to pick up the body butter and hand cream this past summer and now its getting colder I've decided to start reviewing them!


The texture of this butter is thick and creamy and sinks into the skin very quickly just like most if not all Body Shop body butters :-) 


I have to say that scent wise I was slightly disappointed. I was expecting this to be like the body scrub, spicy yet sweet. To me this is more of a fresh, sharp ginger scent instead of the promised "candied" ginger scent. 

It's still a nice ginger scent and can be worn all year round without feeling weird or out of place. 

It's not an overpowering fragrance and doesn't last too long. About thirty minutes on the skin.

I remember watching a review on youtube of this product back last year and the reviewer was commenting on how a friend told her it smelt like Vicks and I can kind of understand that comment, it certainly has the balmy "good for you" undertone to it. Which sometimes I actually like :-P 


This is definitely a hydrating body butter and does dry skin wonders! Leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth without being greasy at all. 


It contains Ginger Root Extract and is Paraben Free :-) 

If you're looking to add to you body butter collection and you like that fresh ginger bite then this is a good moisturiser to pick up. Would I repurchase? No. Just because I have so many others that I prefer. I think it's a good deal though as it's often on sale. 

Right now you can get it and the rest of the Candied Ginger Range from The Body Shop's clearance for a great price! 

Have you tried this body butter? Love it or Hate it?? 

Linzi xxx

2 comments:

  1. I like body shop body butters too. Have you tried the sweet lemon? thats my all time fav :) xx

    http://helensfashionblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. After,I have a birth . I use a body butter. It take care my skin .To get more body butter visit: vegantreeowl.com.au

    ReplyDelete