Wednesday 1 August 2012

July Faves!


Hullo Lovely Ladies!!

It's the first of August today and like always I used a large range of products last month and I've chosen a few of the things that I've repeatedly reached for in my everyday routine. 


Cosmetics, Body and Accessories. 


  • Strawberry Body Butter  - The Body Shop  - Review
  • Satsuma Shimmer Lip Balm - The Body Shop
  • Cream Puff Lip Cream - Fairy Cake  - Collection 2000
  • GOSH - Eye Trio in Sense (Found in my Superdrug Clearance box for £3, really nice and pigmented)
  • Earring Set - New Look (I've been mixing and matching these, for £2 they were a good find!)



Nails



All Nails Inc Nail Polishes this month, basically because of the TSV set I bought recently :

  • Portobello
  • Porchester Square
  • Pudding Lane  -  NOTD


Fragrance



  • Love Ect...  - EDP - The Body Shop - Review


This is a gorgeous, sweet scent without being immature. 

I'm starting to run out of it, so I'm looking out for a good voucher code to re-purchase it with :-) 


Tools


I've been using the MAC 266SE eye liner brush a lot this month, I had it in a set last Christmas and I'm really liking it :-) It's tiny which means it would be great to take away in a travel bag! 


Books


Books are something I haven't included before on my monthly favourites posts. Even though I read every day! I'm a total romance whore when it comes to books. These two are both re-reads, first up is:

J R Ward's Dark Lover, which is the first in the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series. 

It's a series I have been following for a long time and wait impatiently for the next novel every year :-) 

I'm planning on re-reading the whole series again! 

This novel focuses on Wrath, the only pure blood vampire left on the planet and how he grants his friends last wish by bringing his half-breed daughter into the world of the undead....ohh but it's so much more than that!!

 J R Ward writes probably the best dialogue I have ever read. It can go from being funny to heart warming then to just down right HOT in seconds. If you like your Paranormal romance novels then this is really worth the read...the whole series is as the books just get better and better...and I promise, there are no sparkly vampire boys in this. Just kick ass, tattoo sporting, hot ones!! :-)





Next is The Bride by Julie Garwood. 

The total opposite to the J R Ward novel. 

This is a historical romance set in Medieval Scotland, where Laird Alec Kincaid is told by his king to marry an English bride.

Julie Garwood is one of my favourite historical romance authors, when she talks about Scotland its like you're their.
 The dialogue between the main characters is done very well and there is some very funny scenes between the sisters. 

I always feel great satisfaction when finishing one of her novels because she writes true love so well, it's not sickly sweet and you can't tell what the plot line is from a mile away which is always a good thing :-) 

Hope you are all having a great day :-) 

Linzi xxx





6 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any of this products x( or read those books! But i really like how Puding Lane looks! Great faves love! xx

    Judy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh you should really try a few and read the books hun! They're all great :-) Pudding Lane is lush! Thanks hun! xx

      Delete
  2. The glitter nails inc is one polish I would love to get my hands on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get a chance hun! It's amazing :-)

      Delete